Who Are We?
OHNANS is a non-profit professional association of Occupational Health Nurses organized to:
- promote and highlight Occupational Health Nursing to ensure its viability as a long standing, important discipline in health care.
- provide education, support and training to the membership, other Occupational Health Nurses and others who can impact health in this province.
- promote Occupational Health Nursing standards of professional practice, which align with the Canadian Occupational Health Nurses Association Inc.- Association Canadienne des infirmières et infirmiers en santé du travail Inc. (COHNA-ACIIST).
- network and create connections with other Occupational Health practitioners.
- Founded in 1974 by a small group of occupational health nurses dedicated to health promotion and injury and illness prevention.
- OHNANS is a provincially-based organization and a member of the COHNA-ACIIST, the Canadian Nurses Association and the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia.
- OHNANS’s annual awards program recognizes leaders and innovators in Nova Scotia’s occupational health environment.
To learn more about the Occupational Health Nurses Association of Nova Scotia, please visit our site at http://www.ohnans.com/