- This event has passed.
Occupational Medicine Specialists of Canada 2021 Annual Scientific Meeting (Virtual)
February 5 - February 6
Occupational Medicine and the COVID-19 Pandemic
February 5-6, 2021
Following this conference, participant will be able to:
- Explain how long COVID-19 is diagnosed, supported, and managed and describe unanswered research questions on long COVID-19.
- Describe the virology and immune response of SARS-COV-2 as well as approaches to vaccine development.
- Explain importance of responses such as border controls and contact tracing can mitigate impact of the SARS-COV-2 virus on a population, using New Zealand as an example.
- Describe how mental health, remote work, and widespread home-working present unique and significant risks to health and well being for workers during the pandemic.
- Explain ways to help ensure business continuity and success during a pandemic from an occupational medicine perspective including testing, contact tracing, rapid decision making, and collaboration.
- Describe how the hierarchy of controls applies to a large scale mining environment during the pandemic.
- Describe important ways that occupational medicine can help manage a health care systems response to the pandemic.
For more information go to: http://www.omsoc.org/omsoc-2021-annual-scientific-meeting/