- This event has passed.
Webinar – Network Education Session: Leading Change through COVID-19: Moving from a Face-to-Face National Conference to a Virtual Event
April 14 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The Network Advisory Committee is scheduling its first educational session. These session are a result of the feedback we received from the Learning Needs Assessment Survey. Attached are instructions on how to join the webinar session.
The webinar will be held on April 14 from 7 to 8 pm ET.
When in a leadership position, you can experience times of exhilaration and success, but there can also be times of concern and crisis which call for immediate action and change. During the recent rapid onset of COVID-19, and the need for social distancing, the face to face national conference of Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy and Continence Canada (NSWOCC) was quickly moved to a Virtual Event in order to meet the continuing education needs of the nurse members. There was also a large financial implication to the association that had to be navigated. Decisions had to be made quickly and deliberately and chaos needed to be minimized. In addition to the NSWOCC Board of Directors and members, the registered delegates, speakers and corporate sponsors/exhibitors had to be communicated with and a plan had to be put into place that met their needs. Through careful strategizing, the crisis was turned into an opportunity for growth, development and innovation to support the future success of the association.
- Provide information on the steps that were taken within ten days to make this major change from a face to face to virtual conference including the communication plan
- Discuss the financial implications to the association including terminating contracts, maintaining and growing sponsors /exhibitors, and managing registration fees
- Demonstrate the Virtual Event website including the Virtual Exhibit Hall and Virtual Poster Library in order to share ideas
- Identify the process for evaluation of this Virtual Event
Catherine Harley, RN, IIWCC, eMBA
Chief Executive Officer, NSWOCC
Troy Curtis, BHum (hons)
Manager of Membership & Communications, NSWOCC
Please RSVP your participation through this event. If you have any questions about this webinar, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
How to join a CNA meeting using Zoom
Please join the webinar 10 minutes prior to start time. A Chrome browser is preferable, but Firefox will also
work. Note: Video is not used in these webinars.
Instructions: Chrome and Firefox Browser Instructions
• Open browser and copy/paste in the link https://zoom.us/j/5857970864
• Cancel the “Opening Zoom launcher.exe” windows that will appear.
• Click on the small text at the bottom right of the white window,
• Type in your Email and your Name, Association Acronym, click Join
See the full instructions on How to join the Zoom webinar