Criminal Charges Against Nurses: What You Should Know and What You Can Do – A Free On-Demand Webinar (USA)
July 18 - September 3
In February 2019, RaDonda Vaught, RN, was arrested on a criminal indictment and charged with reckless homicide and abuse of an impaired adult after mistakenly administering the wrong medication that killed an elderly patient in 2017. This spring, Nurse Vaught was found guilty and sentenced to three years supervised probation.
Nurses across the United States were shaken by these shocking events. Many are now worried that their mistakes can result in prosecution and possible imprisonment.
Register now to view the on-demand webinar!
Attendance is FREE for both ANA members and non-members.
Registration closes on September 3, 2022 at 1 pm.
A viewing link will be emailed to all registrants on or about July 18, 2022.
Topics to be addressed include:
- How criminal charges for medical errors undermine patient safety
- Just culture and support for the Second Victim
- How professional organization have responded to medical errors
- Examples of similar cases and the risk of cases being brought against nurses for medical errors in the future
- Steps you can take to reduce your criminal liability
- How to become involved in addressing the issue of criminalization of medical errors
Don’t miss this opportunity to have your fears and questions addressed!
Who should attend: All nurses in all practice settings
Additional information: Registration closes on September 3, 2022 at 1 pm ET. Register now to receive 24/7 access to this webinar. The recording will be available for viewing on or about July 18, 2022. A viewing link will be emailed to all registrants on or about July 18, 2022, so you may view the on demand webinar at your convenience.